Interview with entrepreneur John Chisholm
Silicon Valley entrepreneur John Chisholm visited Rockford University recently, during which Stephen Hicks interviewed him about the themes from his “Unleash Your Inner Company” talk. Topics:
* What values motivate entrepreneurs — freedom, security, opportunities unique to each of us.
* Flow — how passion and perseverance can and should work together.
* Personal psychology and making positive thinking habitual.
* Entrepreneurs as leaders and what to look for when hiring the key members of your team.
* The right and wrong times to seek funding.
* The ethics of entrepreneurship’s positive value creation.
Here is their 18-minute discussion:
In his talk and workshop, Chisholm used this worksheet with the participants: “STAARRS. Skills, Technologies, Assets, Accomplishments, Relationships, Reputation, Strengths” [Word] and [PDF]. This 2010 interview with Chisholm for Kaizen may also be of interest.